Privacy for Prospective Employees
This Privacy Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by Candour Logistics as part of our recruitment process.
Under the General Data Protection Regulations Candour Logistics is a Data Controller and Data Processor.
Information which you provide as part of the recruitment and selection process is stored on our computer system and is password protected and only accessible by our HR Manager.
We may collect, hold and process personal information about you including, but not limited to:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Documentation in support of your eligibility to work in the UK
- CV/work history
- Job preferences including role, geographical areas and salary
- Any other work-related information you provide, for example, education or training certificates
We may also ask you to provide some more sensitive information such as your racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, if you consider yourself to have a disability or health condition and your sexual orientation. This is collected as part of our commitment to equal opportunities monitoring. This information is anonymous and held separately from your application. It is not provided to staff involved in your recruitment. We only collect and process this information with your explicit consent and you are not obliged to provide this information to us if you do not want to.
The Legal Basis used For Processing your Information
We will rely on your consent to process the information provided by you when you are applying for one of our employment vacancies. Information will then be processed according to our legitimate interests in order to facilitate recruitment.
If you are offered a position with us we will provide you with further information about the data we collect and how this is processed and retained.
How Long is Personal Data Retained?
We hold information we collect about you for different periods of time. This depends on the type of data:
- If you are unsuccessful for a vacancy that you have applied for, all of the information and data obtained as part of your application process is kept for a maximum of 3 months. For instance, your application form, CV, interview notes, eligibility to work in the UK documentation etc
- If you are offered and accept a role, all of the information and data obtained as part of your application process will be kept on a personnel file (paper or electronic) that will be created at the commencement of your employment. Further detail regarding retention of this data will be provided at the relevant point in time.
Only authorised staff involved with the recruitment for that vacancy have access to your information and data, which in any case, will be used for recruitment purposes only.
How do I know what Information you Have Retained About Me?
You may request a copy of all personal data held about you in our role as Data Controller.
Requests should be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
or writing to:
HR Department, andour Logistics Ltd, Lowton Business Park, Newton Road, Lowton, Warrington, WA3 2AP.
Transfer of Data
Your Data will not be transferred to any third parties without your consent. Also, your data will not be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
We take any complaints about our collection and use of personal information very seriously.
If you think that our collection or use of personal information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate, or have any other concern about our data processing, please raise this with us in the first instance by contacting Helen Maxwell.
Alternatively, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner's Office:
- Report a concern online at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
- Call 0303 123 1113
- Or write to: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF